Friday, July 27, 2007

Elementary School Teacher Admits to Not Flossing Regularly

From "Headlines"

Area teacher Michael McAdams was forced to face the music yesterday as it came out that he fails to floss regularly.

The news came when Joey Fellows (one of his 4th grade students), walked into the school bathroom to the gruesome scene of McAdams brushing his teeth then packing up his toiletry bag and leaving without doing the necessary flossing that should follow.

Fellows told Daily Universe reporters that it was one of the most awfullest moments of his entire life. "I just couldn't believe it", said Fellows, "I mean here is the guy who is telling me that I have to work hard to make sure that I know my multiplication tables, and that using a calculator all the time is the wrong way to go. And I find him not flossing? How am I supposed to take anything he says seriously now? I tell you, it's back to the calculator for this 4th grader."


McAdams defended his actions by stating that even though four out of five dentists agree about the importance of flossing, why do we never hear from the fifth dentist? He believes that were the fifth dentists given a fair voice like the other four there would be a tidal wave of support for abstaining from flossing.


While the school board decides on what to do with McAdams and what the necessary punishment will be, kids at the school are being encouraged to continue with their regular oral hygiene routine.

No comments: